Thursday, April 30, 2009




These images were done for Crystal Kang (an advertising student at the Academy of Art). She had a project where she needed to meet with an illustrator, so I tried to capture what she wanted. When discussing the whole deer massaging thing I felt maybe a nice soft cuddly bear would be better but she still wanted the deer. We were under a short deadline but I wish I could have made that one more effective and not so...odd. Kinda came off looking like a human sacrifice.  Anyway, for having to do these illustrations over a weekend (one a day; Fri, Sat, Sun) I guess they came out okay. The night scene is my favorite just because I love shadows, well and foxes. But yes all the concepts/style were Crystal's. They were all done in watercolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment